Mega-condensers are highly specialized components used for vehicles. Perhaps required for spaceships, the exact purpose is unknown, but at least two mega-condensers are known to exist:
In Feliner, Part 1, Panthro mentions needing a mega-condenser in order to finish the Feliner. Snarf suggests that the Ratstar might have one, which Panthro agrees is a good idea. Thus, in Feliner, Part 2, the ThunderCats attempt to track down the Ratstar's mega-condenser.
Mumm-Ra absconds with the device before the ThunderCats arrive, but eventually Lion-O tracks it down and takes possession of it.
In a later episode it is revealed that the ThunderTank has a mega-condenser as well.
- Did the Mutant Mothership have a mega-condenser?
- If so, was it reused in any Mutant vehicles/technology?
- How was the Ratstar operational in ThunderCats Ho! The Movie if the mega-condenser was still in the Feliner? Is it due to Mumm-Ra's sorcery or is there another explanation?
- Where did the mega-condenser in the ThunderTank come from?
- Is there a difference between hyper-space mega-condensers and ordinary mega-condensers? Or is one just an abbreviation? This is hard to know as the terminology is not used consistently.
Trivia & Notes
- Snarf refers to it as "mega-dingus"
- ThunderCats outtakes include the Lion-O voice actor Larry Kenney struggling with the line: "Let's find the mega-condenser".