Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
‘’The Super Power Potion" is the fifty ninth episode of ThunderCats (original series)
|The Superpower Potion|
|Original Airdate||Dec. 12, 1985|
|Written By||C.H. Trengove|
Vultureman invents a Super Power Potion, which gives him incredible magical powers and strength, enabling him to mesmerize and defeat Tygra. Vultureman then makes a deal with Mumm-Ra that he will share the potion in exchange for Mumm-Ra's secret to everlasting life. Vultureman asserts his authority over the other Mutants, putting Slithe in a trance. He attacks and defeats Panthro as the latter searches for Tygra. Slithe recovers and commands the Mutants to search for the potion. As they discover it, Mumm-Ra materializes and confiscates the vial. Meanwhile, Vultureman challenges Lion-O and is about to defeat him when his super powers wear off. Mumm-Ra appears and denies Vultureman's plea for another dose of super power. Lion-O destroys the potion and Vultureman slinks away defeated.
Lion-O: "No potion can make you less evil, Vultureman. And evil always loses out in the end."
Animation Mistakes and/or Technical Glitches
- Tygra's whip is in his right hand, but when Panthro catches sight of him in the Thundertank, the whip is in his left hand.
- In the close-up shot of Tygra after Panthro finds him, his upper arm past his sleeve's cuff is pale, not orange and striped as it should be.
Inconsistencies/Continuity Errors and/or Goofs/Oddities
- In the previous episode The Mountain, Mumm-Ra threatened to exile Slithe, Monkian, and Jackalman if they failed in their task, but here he is shown never to have carried out that sentence even though they did fail.
- Vultureman: "I'll rattle that mummy's bones 'til he surrenders Third Earth to me."
- Vultureman: "Might is right, Thundercat. And you might as well give in now."
- Lion-O: "You should have known better than to strike a bargain with Mumm-Ra, Vultureman."
- Tygra: [of Vultureman ruling Third Earth] "Can you imagine what that would be like?"
- Panthro: "I'd say that idea is strictly for the birds." [everyone laughs]
| Previous episode:|
|ThunderCats Season Guide||Next episode:|
"Eye of the Beholder"