The Image Policy is a policy that covers what images are permitted and how to present them.
Image Adding Rules
- No image should be copied from another website. (Examples: Thundercatslair.org, Thundercatsfans.org, Cheezey's ThunderCats Zone etc...) without linking to their site.
- No fanart will be allowed at this wiki on any pages. Fan Art includes but is not limited to:
- Drawn Art
- Screen cap edits with text, filters, or other forms of add ons
- Custom Toys and sculptures
Fanart can however be allowed on blogs, and user pages.
All violations are subject to being deleted and users being banned/blocked for the action.
All images that are taken from others can be kept here as long as the original site of the image has a link provided to it..... Example: New-thundercat-lion-O-2.jpg|Lion-o's concept art (Image from [http://tv.ign.com/articles/117/1176532p1.html IGN])
We encourage editors to instead screen cap from the episode.
Also, we are not a photo uploading service, uploading personal pictures unrelated to thundercats may result in images being deleted. We are not responseable for loss of images. Keep backups if they matter. A wiki is about the project, not the editors.
The uploader is expected to pick a license when uploading any image on this wiki, as it is also wikia's policy.
- Fairuse- This is to be used when a image that qualifies as fair use under US law. (most commonly used license)
- Permission- This is copyrighted, but use is permitted by the copyright.
- Self- The image was created on content not copyrighted.
- No License- This is only in cases in the copyright information is unknown.
- Cc-by-sa-3.0- This is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share.
- Other free- Any other free license such as the GNU General Public License or Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike.
- From Wikimedia- For images taken from Wikimedia. Remember to add the specific license information too.
- Public Domain- This is in the public domain. Nothing related to ThunderCats is public domain.
Taking Screen Caps from Animated Show
Sometimes the footage has a logo such as the channel its on or whatnot. Please try to avoid having the logo if you can. It is more pleasing to the eye to see only what is needed to be seen. However, if it must be there, it must be there.
Use of Images
Images should always have an intended use when uploaded. All images without a page/article/blog could possibly be deleted.
How to Add Images
Adding images to a article should be done with the "Add a photo to this gallery" button.
If there is no gallery on the article/page, first hit "Edit this Page" and go to the edit scroll box and go to the bottom of the page to add the gallery. Before adding the gallery itself, put the following headline tag in ==Gallery== and then hit Enter/Return to go down to the next line. Then scroll up (the scroll bar closed to edge of the browser window) til you see the edit icons and then you hit the "Insert a Photo Gallery" button.
Note you should set the thumbnail size to "125" and use the drop down and set caption to "center". Hit the "Save" button in the lower right side.
After that hit "Save page".
To Add images to a article you can also use the "Add Picture" button, however it is not the preferred method. Images shouldn't be shown at more than 175 px wide. (However, sometimes images are chosen to be a bigger size by Admin due to special nature of image.)
Images in template infobox should be set at 225.
For discussion of this policy, please use the Talk Page.